Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, September 09, 2005

Jim got the call

He's going down to help with the FEMA relief effort on Sunday. He doesn't know how long he is going to be gone, but I bet its gonna be awhile. I wonder if it is just coincidence that he finally got the call to go on the very day that they "fired" the head FEMA guy Brown? Makes ya go hmmm.

He showed up at my work today at 1:30 to tell me the news. He knew I would be upset, so he wanted to tell me in person. I am proud that he is going to help because God knows those poor people need the help. But at the same time, I worry about his safety and I am going to miss him - a lot. I know it is part of his job and I should be used to his being gone. He was gone for almost 4 months during the early part of my pregnancy, in fact he left a week after we found out. He went to the academy for training during that time. But now that I have Jack, it is just that much harder to be alone. It just seems like I have no breaks from working or taking care of Jack. But I will quit having a pity party because there are people down there who have absolutely nothing and I am here whining about not having my husband for a few weeks. Okay, I will shut up now.

The four of us went out to dinner tonight to celebrate Jim's birthday, which is on Tuesday. I haven't shopped for a birthday gift yet either. He is just so hard to buy for - typical guy. My parent's bought him a Michigan hat when I was there, can I call that good enough? hehe.

I am also trying to fight this stupid cold. It is really annoying and it doesn't seem to want to go away. Also, my stomach has been totally messed up since I got back from Michigan. I am just a basket case, aren't I? Maybe I should have titled this post - "Some cheese with that whine?".

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I know it will be hard without him, so don't feel bad for a bit of whining now and then. Tell him "Thank you" from me.

Jack's Mom said...

Thanks Kelli! I don't know what got over me, but all I wanted to do the last couple of days is feel sorry for myself and be emotional. I know I just need to think about all those poor people that JIm is going to help and I will feel a little less self pity.