Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Stories From The Hurricane Devastation

Every night, I have been talking to Jim on the phone. He has been relating some of the stories of the sorrow and devastation. They are really truly horrible and so sad how people who had houses, cars, stability one moment and the next moment - nothing.

But the one he told tonight is one that just rendered me speechless. He said that one older lady came up to them and said that she never had a bank account in her life. I guess she didn't trust em or something. But anyway, she said that her entire savings were in 2 trunks in her house, which as you guessed it, was completely destroyed. But here's the kicker. The amount of her entire savings? TWO POINT FIVE MILLION DOLLARS IN CASH!!!! Can you even imagine? I guess she told Jim that she has been trying to find these trunks, but can't (DUH). My guess would be looters suddenly got very very happy or the trunks were just blown apart and the cash is somewhere in the Gulf right now. After hearing that story, I was completly speechless and aghast that there were actually people out there like that! Yeah well that is one worry I will never have - losing 2.5 million dollars in cash. Again - Speechless!

Well I am off to watch Gilmore Girls. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

2 comments:

-LGirl- said...

So Is he spending his off time looking for Trunks?

Marty said...

Let this be a lesson. Put your money in a bank.

I work for a bank. So it is definitely a must.