Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

B O O M !!!

That is what we heard all night last night. There were some serious thunderstorms here last night. They started about midnight and were just starting to die down around 6:00 am. And when I say thunderstorms, I mean shake-the-house thunderstorms with lightening. I have to say in the 7 years I have lived in California, I have never seen a thunderstorm like that before. Now in Michigan, I know they can do thunderstorms really well, but California...not so much.

So during the 6 hour siege of booming and banging of thunder and lightening, the animals were terrified! The dogs were barking at the thunder and the cats were quivering under the bed. I was trying like mad to sleep between all the chaos. At one point, we lost power and didn't get it back on until this morning about 7 am. Oh yeah and the boy? I went and checked on him a couple of times during the night and I can only say this one thing - He is TRULY his father's son. Because the boy never even flinched during the whole thing. Never woke up once, he just kept on on snoring away. Yep, that's Jim's kid alright. Jim who can sleep through ANYTHING.

So that was MY night last night. How was yours?

No comments: