Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, September 19, 2005

Big Thumbs Down



These SUCK! Why you ask? Well let me just tell you. I picked these up at Target thinking how cool, something new to play with during bathtime (Jack's favorite time of the day). BUT let me just explain how the little bathtub crayons are made. They are basically a wax crayon that are inside this little plastic "shell". They say that your little future artist can draw all over the walls in the bathtub area and it will just come right off, which is true. They do clean up very easily. That part is very good. However, that little plastic "shell" that houses the wax crayon? That part doesn't work! You take a crayon out of the box and give it to your little future artist and what happens? The wax crayon falls out of its little "shell" and promptly falls into the warm water. And what happens to wax in warm water? Yep, it melts! So tonight I gave Jack 3 of the 8 crayons to play with and within 3 minutes they were gone and I had a crying future little artist on my hand. Yeah and good luck trying to find a slippery, in-the-process-of-melting crayon underneath the soapy water. So we are left with the pretty little "shells" with no crayons.

Yeah. Do. Not. Buy. These.

2 comments:

-LGirl- said...

Thanks for the tip. I often wonder who actually tests some of these products. Maybe your should write Crayola. I bet they''ll send you coupons!!!

Anonymous said...

YEah, I wasn't too fond of those either.