Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

We Made it Home!

We got home last night. It was a grueling flight that lasted about 28 hours, or maybe it was only 4.5 hours, but it sure seemed longer. I did buy Jack a ticket for the trip home because I just couldn't do it again with him on my lap. I thought that because he had his own seat, things would be easier...wrong! He screamed for about 3 of the 4.5 hours. I could not console him. I knew he was exhausted, but he would not go to sleep. I also think that his ears were bothering him because I think we both picked up a head cold at some point. I know that my right ear was really painful and totally plugged from the pressure. And add to that Jack screaming made for a very long flight!

Jim was actually able to pick us up at the airport. He was such a sight for sore eyes standing there. It was funny, he was in uniform and everybody was asking for directions like he knew LAX and little did they know he knows nothing about it. I guess FEMA never called him to go help with the hurricane relief effort. I think that FEMA has totally screwed up in this case and they don't know what the hell they are doing. Thank goodness the military came through like they did and those poor people are getting the help they need. I know that about 1500 people were bused to Michigan and were very happy to be there, even though they will be living in old military barracks for awhile. Sure beats nothing that they had!

I have more pictures to post from Michigan. I will try to do that later tonight. Some pretty cute of Jack and Grandpa walking in the woods together.

No comments: