Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Going on vacation just doesn't pay

Today was my first day back to work. It was a whole week gone. Boy oh boy not sure I'll make that mistake again...vacation that is. What a hectic day and it seemed like everything just went to hell while I was gone. I wasn't even in my office for more than 5 minutes and I felt like I wanted to run out the door and hide. But I did manage to catch up a bit today.

I had a meeting today with one of our packaging suppliers. He was telling me that because of the hurricane, all the plastic jars/lids/bottles that we buy from them are going up in price 20%! All because they are petroleum products and the refineries are shut down. Ouch! That was something that I never even thought of, but I guess plastic needs the oil (how do they make plastic outta oil anyway?). I think we are all gonna be in trouble financially in more ways than just at the gas pump unfortunately.

Anyway, I got home from my crazy, hectic, chaotic day and just needed to go for a walk. It actually is starting to cool off here. It was only about 85!!!! I know amazing huh? So Jack and I took off to walk around the neighborhood. He had to bring his sidewalk chalk with him on the walk. It was so cute that every few feet, we had to stop and he had to mark on the sidewalk. I am sure the neighbors are wondering what the heck all those white marks on the sidewalk are for. I think we will keep it our little secret.

When we got home from the walk, Jim was just pulling in the driveway. Poor Daddy, he was exhausted. He put in a 12 hour day with no breaks today. We love him for working so hard. Right now both Jack and Daddy are sleeping. It is nice. I think I may just curl up on the couch and read some Erma Bombeck - again thanks Amy. She is too funny!

No comments: