Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Feeling Better

I had my Gilmore Girls fix last night. It was the season premier and as you can recall, I missed the last minute of the season finale in May. Phew! Luke and Lorelie are engaged! Rory is being stupid. Yep, I am in my happy place with Girlmore Girls.

Jim and I are doing better. I apologized for being the bitch that I was to him the other night. I do have to chalk it up to that excuse all us women can use - PMS. I started yesterday, so I know that was a partial reason I was so angry. Don't get me wrong, I am still mad at him for just leaving without discussing with me first, just not THAT angry anymore.

I think he is a bit bummed because it looks like all he is going to be doing is filling out FEMA claims for people. He has been in Orlando for the past two days in training for that and I guess all the officers who volunteered to help are pretty upset because they thought they would be involved in actually helping people, not being insurance paper handlers. He finds out where they are sending him today and he still does not know how long it is going to be. He told me that he is going to do two weeks and then that is it. But we'll see. I do know that some things are going to change when he does get home. Things like him helping out with Jack a bit more. He has absolutely no idea how hard it is to be with him by yourself day in and day out with no breaks. He is going to be finding out when he gets home because I may just go somewhere for a weekend and leave the boys to fend for themselves. HA! I think that it has only been 3 or 4 times that Jim actually had to be alone with Jack all day long, let alone for days at a time.

Today is Jack's 18-month checkup. I get to find out how heavy this kid really is, because he has been breaking my back these days when I carry him. Last night he went down really easy at 7:30, which was so great because I was so exhausted myself. His daycare lady said that he didn't get a nap in the afternoon. How she gets 2 naps out him, I will never know. He only does one for me. But anyway, I will post back all the Jackaroo "stats" later.

No comments: